Terms & Conditions
- Contact me first before sending a manuscript or making a payment. (I prefer communication via e-mail, but a phone call is also acceptable.) Give me a brief description of the manuscript, number of pages, word count, type of service(s) desired, deadline (if applicable), and an attachment containing the first 1,000 words. I will do a free edit on this sample, so you can see my style of editing, and I can evaluate the extent of the work needed.
- My approximate fees are listed under Services, but they are subject to change depending on the amount of work that I feel is needed. This means that I may charge less if I feel the manuscript only needs minimal work, or I may charge more if I believe it needs editing above and beyond the norm. The fee is payable in advance, but on rare occasions I may accept half of the fee upfront and the rest upon completion. I am the only person who can make such a decision. If the full fee is not paid upfront (unless I have stated otherwise), the job will not be completed until I receive the remainder of the payment.
- I am a firm believer in constructive criticism. This means that I will tell you what I like about the book, and constructively and kindly point out areas that need improvement.
- I will edit the manuscript one time only. If a follow-up edit is requested, I will have to evaluate the revised manuscript to see how much work it gives me before I can quote a fee.
- The manuscript must be submitted as a single document in DOC or RTF format only. Please use Times New Roman font and double spacing.
- If you are requesting typing services, please send me (via an e-mail scan or snail mail) the first five pages of the manuscript, so I can evaluate it and determine a per page fee.
- I am more than willing to explain my suggestions and answer any questions you may have. I want you to be completely satisfied with my work, and I will do whatever is reasonably possible to make that happen.
- I reserve the right to refuse work.